Every day in the holiday club play workers plan special activities for the children – but children can also follow their own choices, make their own decisions, make friends, and play freely without adult intervention if they wish.
The holiday club offers different activities daily and involves the children in the choosing of these activities. Some typical activities might be:
- Themed weeks and activities. EG. Olympics, Beach Party. Dinosaur and Jungle Explorations, Romans, Cowboys and Indians, Heroes, Pirates, Carnival…. A chance to dress up and play themed games and activities
- 5 a-side football tournaments
- Mini Olympics /sporting tournaments
- Arts and crafts including mosaic making, woodwork, clay activities, paper mache, face painting, driftwood boat making…
- Water pool, water slide, wet play days, water bombs, super soakers. (All water activities will be highly organised and individually supervised)
- Nature days with pond dipping and bug hunts, sandcastle competitions…
- Party games
- Baking and caking, and cooking and tasting…
- All of these along with parachute games, den building, cooking, jewellery making and much much, more…
Very young children
The ‘Mini Oaks’ are 4-5 year olds and will wear a distinctive, neon waistcoat (where appropriate, i.e. not in the water). These Early Years Foundation Stage children will be given a key person. This will be Nicole and Chantelle as they are both Managers.
What to bring
Please bring the following to the holiday club (all labelled where possible):
- Packed lunch and snacks for the day.
- Labelled refillable bottle of water/juice.
- Sunhat, sun lotion and towel.
- Appropriate clothes for the weather to be able to enjoy indoors or outdoors play.
- Change of clothes (e.g. something appropriate for extreme water play/mini pool).
Hi,M was so nervous Monday morning but she was ok when we got there. Your staff were so welcoming and showed us around and introduced M to children of the same age.When I picked M up at 5:50, she was the last one but she was so happy and she said she had the best day.This morning she was so happy to go to holiday club and see her new friends again.Thank you to your staff for making it so easy, we’ll definitely be coming every holidays.Thank you!
My daughter has loved Mighty Oaks Club this summer. The free play concept, all the outside space, all the creative and arty stuff too…. It always seemed really well organised and the staff were really on it. It’s the kind of thing I wish had been around when I was a kid.
Rob J Futter
We have plenty of outdoor space and lots of outdoor play equipment.