Cirencester Primary School
Mighty Oaks at Cirencester Primary School has superb inside and outside spaces.
Here’s a gallery of our superb outdoor space!
Mighty Oaks at Stratton School has outstanding spaces inside and out (see here for the gallery) with quiet spaces, interesting corners, climbing areas, slopes, slides and swings; there’s even a football pitch and an enclosed tennis court!
Every day in the holiday club play workers plan special activities for the children – but children can also follow their own choices, make their own decisions, make friends, and play freely without adult intervention if they wish.
The holiday club offers different activities daily and involves the children in the choosing of these activities. Some typical activities might be:
- Themed weeks and activities. EG. Olympics, Beach Party. Dinosaur and Jungle Explorations, Romans, Cowboys and Indians, Heroes, Pirates, Carnival…. A chance to dress up and play themed games and activities
- 5 a-side football tournaments
- Mini Olympics /sporting tournaments
- Arts and crafts including mosaic making, woodwork, clay activities, paper mache, face painting, driftwood boat making…
- Water pool, water slide, wet play days, water bombs, super soakers. (All water activities will be highly organised and individually supervised)
- Nature days with pond dipping and bug hunts, sandcastle competitions…
- Party games
- Baking and caking, and cooking and tasting…
- All of these along with parachute games, den building, cooking, jewellery making and much much, more…
Very young children
The ‘Mini Oaks’ are 4-5 year olds and will wear a distinctive, neon waistcoat (where appropriate, i.e. not in the water). These Early Years Foundation Stage children will be given a key person. This will be Nicole and Chantelle as they are both Managers.
What to bring
Please bring the following to the holiday club (all labelled where possible):
- Packed lunch and snacks for the day.
- Labelled refillable bottle of water/juice.
- Sunhat, sun lotion and towel.
- Appropriate clothes for the weather to be able to enjoy indoors or outdoors play.
- Change of clothes (e.g. something appropriate for extreme water play/mini pool).
My daughter has loved Mighty Oaks Club this summer. The free play concept, all the outside space, all the creative and arty stuff too…. It always seemed really well organised and the staff were really on it. It’s the kind of thing I wish had been around when I was a kid.
I just wanted to send a quick email to say how much J is enjoying the holiday club, so much so he pestered me into booking an additional day!!
All of the staff are fantastic and so friendly and welcoming, the activities are brilliant. J is always full of enthusiasm when he talks about his day and always looks forward to attending.
I could not recommend the holiday club highly enough.
Thank you so much.
We have plenty of outdoor space and lots of outdoor play equipment.