After-School Club Cirencester
Mighty Oaks (at the) Clubhouse – MOCs
Mighty Oaks at The Clubhouse – MOCs – Cirencester
Children are registered at Powell’s School at 3.15pm (other schools meet up at different times) and we then walk over to The Clubhouse. If necessary, we do a second registration to collect children who have attended an after school activity run by the school.
The Clubhouse has a fabulous walled garden with varied enriching activities. Inside we have a spacious hall and several smaller rooms all kitted out with lots of age appropriate resources.
Sometimes we go to Abbey Grounds and enjoy the wide open spaces and play equipment; Cirencester park is minutes away for woodland walks and nature exploration; but mostly, we hang out at The Clubhouse and have a great time!
At the Clubhouse we have…
- Arts & Craft
- Messy play (slime, gloop, playdoh)
- Rock climbing wall
- Group games
- Endless resources
- Slack lines & swings
- Den building & loose parts
- Forest school
- Mud kitchen
- Role play & dressing up
- Small world play (action figures, dolls, animals)
- Discos & parties
Here are some extracts from our Outstanding Ofsted report 2018:
- Staff build exceptional relationships with children and parents.
- Children develop high self-esteem and confidence.
- Staff are superb role models.
- Children’s behaviour is exceptional.
- The manager and staff are exceptionally vigilant about keeping children safe.
- They have had very positive feedback from parents about their “real time” online booking system for reserving or changing their child’s sessions.
- Staff use their expert knowledge about how children play to make sure they engage and motivate them extremely well.
- Staff are extremely warm and welcoming. They greet children enthusiastically when they collect them from school and talk with them about their day.
- All children wear high-visibility jackets and are checked in on the setting’s online register when they collect them from school.
- Safeguarding is effective.
To read the complete Ofsted report click here.
Thank you for keeping the children safe for me on Tuesday. The first thing they said when I saw them was “when can we go back?”.
Just wanted to let you know that this week I needed to book some extra sessions for R for next week at Mighty Oaks – (Christmas shopping /hair appointments -priorities!!!!) and also as the after school clubs have now finished I needed to adjust her pick up time on a Thursday.
Going into ‘Book the Childcare’ app on my phone made this such a simple and quick task and getting a confirmation email immediately was also very reassuring. I do think the billing system for MO works very well, easy to understand and easy to pay your invoice, again with a confirmation which helps.
It’s very comforting as a long standing parents of Acorns that we still have wrap around care for R open to us every day if needed as she progresses through Powells, and even more comforting that my hair will look fabulous for Christmas!!!!